Monday, April 17, 2006

Where should I go this summer?

Where should I go this summer?

1. Europe.  I really like coming back to Europe for some weeks. But my visa to re-enter the US expires on June, 2nd. And I only finish school at mid-May and have to move out to a new apartment at late May. So this seems to be out of questions for me.  Next year, I promise. 

2. Vietnam. I want to come back once every year. But I don't like being in Vietnam in the summer, it's so hot. I prefer in the winter, where I can relax and enjoy eating and drinking in the year-ending atmosphere. Moreover, it may be complicated if I go in the summer while working as an assistant for some professor. And if I come back in the summer, I'll not be able to come back at Christmas.

3. United States. I don't know why but I don't feel really like traveling here in US.  Well, actually, there are certain reasons. First, it's expensive. Second, I don't have many friends in other US cities. Third, I don't have a car and don't know how to drive yet, which is an obstacle for traveling in this automobile-crazy nation. Fourth, I have a feeling that most of US cities are boring. Perhaps the natural sighseeing places are beautiful (Niagra Falls, Grand Canyon etc) but you need to go by car and with companions.

4. The only possible alternative left is Mexico or Canada, where I don't need a US visa to re-enter the US. But I know almost noone there and well, don't find these places very exciting to visit.

So where should I go in this summer? Perhaps some US cities, maybe going to the East Coast  again? There's a small chance that I'll come back to Vietnam in summer, perhaps for one month, but I'm not so sure about it. Time flies fast. It's almost a year since I went back to Vietnam last year.

19 comments:

  1. Anh Linh giong em nhé, em cung so*. ve^` hè nóng cha?y mo*~.... Mà anh di Cuba di, em thay bao là sang Canada roi có tour di Cuba day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anh Linh oi, di Cuba di, nhan tien cho em hoi tham brother-in-law hihi. Ko so thieu companion dau anh. Hoac la ve VN di Fanxipan hay lam` mot tour vao` Nam. Em bo mat tour di Fanxipan roi, con` moi tour SGN, Dat Lat, Nha Trang roi quay ra Da Nang, Buon Me Thuot thui. Nam sau len lich di tiep...

    ReplyDelete
  3. O mot ban Vu Hoang Linh nua a ?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em Vu~ Hoàng Linh gái mà thích trèo lên Fansipan, thì tìm gap anh Hieu o*? Delft, Hà Lan. Cu*' nói là ba.n anh Linh, thì anh Hieu se rat nhiet tình huong dan cách trèo lên Fansipan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em VHL ga'i duoc di du lich o xa roi ah :P. The la tien bo hon ha*?n nam ngoai nhi. Di Cuba thi chac la anh ko di duoc roi, vi can co visa, voi lai mang cai visa sang Cuba thi bon My no khong cap lai visa cho minh nua dau, hihi.
    Ma khong nho anh co viet o dau do la gio da den thoi diem la nghe noi di Fansipan, phai leo treo 3000m la da thay ngai roi. Em Linh di di, khong may nam nua lai ngai giong anh :D.
    Ve VN anh cung thich di mot tour xuyen Viet, toi gio van chua di duoc. Nhung lai phai kiem partner di cung nua chu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. may vao dulich cua bon ttvnol xem co thang nao di vao dich thang 6 ko

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Long: Tao da dinh ve VN thang 6 dau, noi chung it kha nang la ve dip he`. Ma noi chung khong thich di voi nhung nguoi khong quen. Neu cam thay khong thoai mai thi di mot minh co khi con thich hon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anh VHL: anh oi, di Fanxipan leo nui' cho..dang' dep voi lai cang` gia` cang` phai leo nui' cho khoe chan hihi.Tour xuyen Viet thi nam sau em co to chuc se moi a Linh, chi so anh dang vi vut' tan Au Chau thui.
    @Ban Trau: Chi so gap duoc bac' Hieu to da leo duoc may cai' Fansipan rui` i'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go to Philadelphia ;) You know what I mean :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about visiting some India ancient cities in Mexico and South America (Peru)? Should be an exotic trip, I think :) Europe is always a good destination, best compromise of ... many things (though not really exotic I must admit). Other places can be Africa, Tibet. I bet finally it's not the places that count but the matter of your "mind and heart" :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. y kien cua anh Long hay day anh Linh a, haha :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey my buddy,
    As I can see from your itinerary,if you really want to head for EU this summer, particularly Cote d'Azur region, where the beach is premium in EU.No doubt,I am still there.
    From here, you can go by train to Monaco and Saint Tropez within 20 minutes or one hour and a half respectively.

    You are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hy vong nam sau duoc gap lai bac VNHL va ca bac Hieu o chau Au thi vui nhi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Huy. I'm afraid it's not possible now. When will you come back to VN?
    @Long and Thuy: I'm waiting, waiting... :D.
    @Oshin: Hope to see you soon. But don't call me VNHL, just Linh ;). Are you in Finland now?. How do you find it?
    @Hieu: As I said, my visa expires on Jun 2nd, so very limited chance to go anywhere. How is Prague? Tell us about it, pls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes dear, i'm now in "the land of thousand lakes". It's so close to nature here, you can see pine, white birch trees almost everywhere. Quite peaceful, it is such an ideal place for...meditation! :D

    Nhung luc em moi den dung vao mua dong thi lanh khung khiep, am hai muoi may do, va rat buon vi nho nha, nho Viet Nam lam, nho cai thanh pho on ao va bui bam quen thuoc. May man la nhung nguoi ban Phan Lan va nguoi Phan Lan noi chung rat tot bung a.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tin Dai hoi Dang , Linh rat thich xem film co hai chang cao boi yeu nhau, nen khong muon lay vo nua.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thoi sang Europe som som truoc khi visa het han di vay ;) Ma neu anh muon sang Mex thi em co 1 chu nguoi quen (ban bo) ben do day, dang lam tham tan.

    Anh giai, ke chuyen Prague di nao :D

    ReplyDelete